New Integrated POL Increases Efficiency for High-density Applications
New Integrated POL Increases Efficiency for High-density Applications.
The new OptiMOS™ IR3826(A)M integrated point-of-load DC-DC regulator is a fully integrated and highly efficient device for applications such as Netcom router and switches, Datacom, telecom base stations, server and enterprise storage.
The voltage regulator can operate from an input voltage of 5-16V and provide up to 16A (IR3826AM) or 23A (IR3826M) continuous current. It enables high-density (up to 1.5 MHz) operations with enhanced efficiency and reduced power losses and solves the heat challenge without or with minimum airflow in thermally constrained application designs.
The IR3826 is an easy-to-use, fully integrated and highly efficient DC-DC regulator.
The onboard PWM controller and OptiMOS MOSFETs with integrated bootstrap diode make the IR3826 a small footprint solution, providing high-efficiency power delivery.
The IR3826 is a versatile regulator, operating with wide input and output voltage range, offering programmable switching frequency from 300kHz to 1.5MHz, and providing three selectable over current limits.
It also features important protection functions, such as pre-bias start-up, thermally compensated current limit, over-voltage protection, and thermal shutdown to give required system-level security in the event of fault conditions.
Summary of Features
- Single 5V to 17V application or Wide Input Voltage Range from 1.0V to 17V with external Vcc
- Precision Reference Voltage (0.6 V ± 6%) for Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 0.86×Vin
- Enhanced Line/Load Regulation with Feed-Forward
- Programmable Switching Frequency up to 1.5MHz
- Monotonic Start-Up with Internal Digital Soft-Start & Enhanced Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Thermally Compensated Internal Over-Current Protection with Three Selectable Settings
- Enable input with Voltage Monitoring Capability & Programmable Power Good Output
- Thermal Shut Down
- Operating temp: -40°C < Tj < 125°C
- Small Size: 6mm x 5mm PQFN
- Lead-free, Halogen-free and RoHS2 Compliant
- Storage Applications
- Telecom & Datacom Applications
- Distributed Point of Load Power Architectures
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. In the 2019 fiscal year (ending 30 September), the Company reported sales of €8.0 billion with about 41,400 employees worldwide. Infineon is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and in the USA on the over-the-counter market OTCQX International Premier.