Miniature Circular Power Connectors Handle up to 13A and 600V
Bulgin has announced the extension of their 4000 series of miniature circular power connectors to meet the growing demand for power connector solutions that are both ultra-small and highly reliable. Adding to the existing 3, 8 and 12-pole solutions the range extension comprises 2, 4, 6 and 10-pole configurations, thereby more than doubling the options available.
Modern applications demand increased flexibility as well as high power density and reduced weight – all in a small footprint. The 4000 series delivers all of that and is capable of carrying a variety of voltages and currents throughout modern systems.
The cost-effective connectors are also highly rugged and suitable for applications where long-term durability is a necessity. Able to withstand vibrations, shocks and corrosion to EN/IEC 60068 requirements and salt spray for marine applications, the Buccaneer 4000 series connectors are also capable of being submerged in water to the IP68 rating and able to withstand powerful jet sprays / high pressure washing to IP69k standards when mated.
Additionally, the connectors have a UV-resistant, UL94V-0 flammability-rated plastic body equipped with a simple and efficient bayonet locking mechanism, allowing users to make a secure connection without the need for specialist tools.
“These additions to our popular 4000 series connectors give designers more options when selecting rugged connectors for their designs. Not only does having the exact number of poles available avoid over-engineering it also reduces the possibility for assembly errors.” says Christian Taylor, Sustaining Engineering Team Leader at Bulgin.
“The 4000 series is now more flexible than before, but it still provides a cost-effective and rugged solution for space and weight-constrained modern applications,” concluded Taylor.
Features and specifications include:
- Sealed to IP66 IP68 and IP69K when mated
- IP68 rating tested at 1.054kg/sq cm (15lb/sq in) 10m depth for 2 weeks
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12 pole configuration
- Power ratings up to 13A, 600V
- Cable range from 3 to 7mm
- Diameter over coupling ring 19.7mm
- Flex, Flex In-Line, Rear Panel and PCB mounting body styles
- Color coded O-rings & washers for easy identification purposes
- Plug and Socket versions in all body styles
- Flame Retardant molding material – Polyamide UL94-V0
- Contacts supplied separately (except PCB versions)
- Sealing caps available to maintain IP68 rating
- Crimp and solder contacts
- UL, CSA and VDE approvals
- EN60068-2-52 Test Kb Salt Mist (Cyclic) Marine Severity Level 1
- EN60068-2-64 Vibration Resistance
The extended miniature circular power connector range joins Bulgin’s already extensive offering of push button, piezo, slide, toggle and rocker switches designed for a wide variety of industrial applications.