Announcement and Call for APEC 2020 Industry Session Presentations
This article highlights APEC 2020 for continuing the long-standing tradition of addressing issues of interest for practicing power electronic engineering.
Want to give a talk at APEC but don't want to write a paper? Then making an Industry Session Presentation may be for you!
APEC 2020 continues the long-standing tradition of addressing issues of immediate and long-term interest to the practicing power electronic engineer. Outstanding technical content is provided at one of the lowest registration costs of any IEEE conference.
To encourage more content from Industry practitioners, APEC runs Industry Session tracks in parallel with the Technical Session tracks. Speakers are invited to make a presentation only without submitting a formal paper.
These presentations will be included on the APEC Technical Session USB thumb drive.
This very popular format has allowed APEC to present information on current topics in power electronics from sources that would not otherwise present at APEC. The target audience for these sessions is also extended to include system engineers/architects and business-oriented people such as purchasing agents, regulatory agencies, along with other people who support the power electronics industry.
Industry Session Presentations can be submitted in two different formats. Presenters can either submit an individual presentation proposal or an overall session proposal. Session proposals should include the overall session title/theme as well as the 4, 6 or 7 (20) minute individual presentations that would make up that overall session.
Topics of Interest
- AC-DC Converters
- DC-DC Converters
- Power Electronics for Utility Interface
- Motor Drives and Inverters
- Devices and Components
- System Integration
- Modeling and Simulation
- Production, Manufacturing and Business Issues
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Power Electronics for Transportation, including Vehicle Electrification
- Power Electronics for Communications Applications
- Power Electronics for Medical Applications
- Power Electronics for Computing Applications
- Power Electronics for Industrial Applications
- Business and Marketing of Power Electronics
- Regulatory Compliance of Power Electronics Equipment
- Patent and Intellectual Property Topics
Please note the following time frames (subject to change and posted at APEC):
July 1, 2019 Start date to submit proposal
Sept. 6, 2019 Deadline for proposal submission
Oct. 25, 2019 Notification that a proposal was accepted or declined
Oct. 26, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020 Final presentation and author registrations are due
The time allowed for each presentation is approximately 20 minutes, plus 4-5 minutes for questions and discussion. Please plan your presentation proposal accordingly.
To submit a proposal for an Industry Session at APEC, prepare a 2-3 page digest that provides a summary of the presentation content and a description of the target audience. Also, include a short professional biography of the speaker. Note that if you are submitting a session proposal, you will need to submit a digest for each of the individual presentations that make up your session. The presentations should have strong technical content and commercial references should be limited and only in support of the core content.
Presentations made at APEC should be original material. The principal criteria in selecting digests will be the usefulness of the work to the practicing power electronic professional and support functions. Authors should obtain any necessary company and governmental clearance prior to submission of digests. Please visit www.apec-conf.org for all details on digest and final presentation format.
If a digest is accepted, authors must submit a final presentation before the deadline or the presentation cannot be published in the Proceedings or presented at the conference. Speakers are required to register for APEC 2020 in accordance with APEC registration policies.
APEC focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. This is not just a designer’s conference; APEC has something of interest for anyone involved in power electronics:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters and any other power electronic circuits, equipment and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics
Are you a member of the press or a financial analyst covering the power electronics industry? APEC will again be offering its complimentary full registration. Start making your plans now to join us next year for an incredible program.