300W AC-DC Cassette Converters for Railway Applications
Bel Power Solutions, a Bel group company, announced their Melcher™ LR Series 300W ac-dc cassette converters, which are designed for railway and rugged industrial applications. These new LR Series products are an enhancement to the company's existing broad range of 19in cassette power supplies, which are suitable for applications that require robustness and high reliability. The products feature a universal ac input voltage range including active inrush current limitation and power factor correction (PFC).
According to the company, two highly efficient, isolated outputs of 12V or 15V up to 300W offer maximized flexibility in system architecture and make them uniquely suited for various railway applications, such as heavy-duty industrial control, signaling, and rugged communication as well as mission-critical defense and security systems.
The converters are in a rugged aluminum-extruded case and can operate in a convection/conduction cooled environment at temperatures from -40°C up to 85°C. All of the PCBs are conformally coated and protected against humidity and pollution, which occurs during typical lifecycles of +20 years.
The LR Series is fully compliant and safety approved to the latest edition of IEC/EN 62368-1 and UL/CSA 62368-1. Bel Power Solutions backs the LR Series with an extended warranty of 5-years.
The converters are fully protected against over-load, over-voltage, over-temperature, under-voltage, no-load, and short circuit with automatic recovery.
Additional features include integrated hold-up capacitors for 20ms interruption, rectangular current limit characteristic, active current share for parallel and redundant operation, and remote voltage adjust, inhibit, and fail signal.
- Class I equipment
- Universal ac input voltage range with PFC and dc input
- Inrush current limitation
- 2 isolated, adjustable outputs
- No-load, over-load, and short circuit proof
- Rectangular current limiting characteristic with flexible load distribution
- Inhibit function
- Parallel operation with active current sharing
- Interruption time 20ms
- Immunity according to EN 61000-4-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -8
- Fire & smoke according to EN 45545
- All PCB boards protected by lacquer
- Very high reliability
- 5-year warranty
- AREMA compliant
- Safety-approved to the latest edition of IEC/EN 62368-1 and UL/CSA 62368-1 (pending)
LR Series units are in stock with Arrow, Mouser, and Digi-Key.