2nF Radial Disc Capacitors Rated Up to 20kVdc for Industrial Applications
Vishay Intertechnology Inc. has introduced new HVCC Series radial-leaded high-voltage single layer ceramic disc capacitors. The capacitors boast industry-high capacitance of 2nF in small sizes. Silver-plated, the ceramic disc has tinned copper-clad steel connection leads in either 0.6mm or 0.8mm diameters
Typical applications for the capacitors include pulsed lasers, high voltage generators for dental and baggage scanners, and medical and industrial x-ray applications.
The capacitors deliver Guaranteed load life performance of 1000 hours at 125% rated voltage and +105°C.
HVCC Series capacitors are rated for 10kVdc to 15kVdc, and 20kVdc and they operate between -30°C to +105°C.
The RoHS-compliant capacitors are available with straight leads with spacing of 9.5mm and 12.5mm.
Encapsulation for the capacitors is made of flame-resistant epoxy resin in accordance with UL 94 V-0.
Vishay notes that the new capacitors eliminate the need to use two 1nF capacitors in parallel to attain values of 2nF
According to Vishay, the capacitors may offer qualified and high-performance drop-in replacements for almost all Murata part numbers starting with DHR, for which Murata has sent out an official discontinuation notice.
The components feature a ±10% tolerance and are available with custom lead styles on request.
- Offered in compact case sizes
- High capacitance values to 2nF with standard tolerances of ±20%
- Guaranteed load life performance of 1000h at 125% rated voltage and +105°C
- Dissipation factor of <1.5%
- Voltages from 10kVdc to 15kVdc
- Operate over a temperature range of -30°C to +105°C
- Available with straight leads with spacing of 9.5mm and 12.5mm
- Encapsulation is made of flame-resistant epoxy resin in accordance with UL 94 V-0