120W 1/8th Brick DC-DC Converter for Industrial ApplicationsApril 21, 2020 by Paul Shepard
Murata has expanded its UWE family of dc-dc converters to include the UWE-Q12 series with output voltages of 5-, 12- and 24-Vdc. This new line offers greater design flexibility because of the 9- to 36-Vin range, 120-Watt rating, high efficiency, and cost effectiveness that it delivers.
Further, the eighth brick 120-Watt version provides industry leading power, density, and efficiency since it encompasses the latest technology for fixed frequency switching in power supply architectures.
- 1/8th brick format
- Open Frame DOSA compliant
- 9V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- Suitable for 12, 18, 24 & 28V systems
- Optional Baseplate
- 92% Efficiency
- 2,250Vdc I/O isolation
- Basic Insulation system
- Supports Pre-Biased Start-up
- Small Size
- Cost effective, industry standard footprint and pinout
- Wide 4:1 input voltage range
- Operates cooler and more efficiently
- High isolation between Input & Output
- Safety Rated for Industrial, Rail, hazardous & POE applications.
- Eliminates reverse current issues during system start and shutdown, which reduces customer design-in costs.
- Networking & Telcom
- Industrial & Rail markets
- Rail eco system. i.e. electrical equipment that will be deployed in all types of rail applications.
- Base Stations for wireless communications
- Industrial controls and signaling
- Entertainment, lighting, and signs
- Motor drives
- Ticketing machines
- Security systems
- Other applications include smart grid systems, aerospace, and battery back-up systems