Rutronik Focuses on EVs at the PCIM Europe 2019
Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH's booth at this year's Power Conversion and Intelligent Motion (PCIM) trade show in Nuremberg from May 7-9 - located in Hall 9 at booth 521 - will focus on electric mobility and feature a variety of exhibits including electric vehicle charging station technologies and the functional safety of battery management systems. Richard Needham, Senior Marketing Manager Power Semiconductors at Rutronik will be at the booth. Andreas Mangler, Head of Strategic Marketing, will also be holding a lecture on this topic at the e-Mobility Forum in Hall 6-322.
Rutronik's Power campaign offers a complete range of power components for a range of performance classes and applications. With the ideal combination of active, passive, and electromechanical components, Rutronic Power covers every power component on the module, supporting scalable solutions for any conversion as well as active switching of power applications with resistive, capacitive, and inductive loads.
Leading manufacturers will also exhibit their products at Rutronik's booth at the PCIM show, including Infineon, JAE, Panasonic, Recom, Rohm, Schurter, ST, and Toshiba.
Highlights at the PCIM
- E-mobility and electric vehicle charging solutions from leading manufacturers such as Infineon, JAE, Rohm, and ST
- Silicone carbide (SiC) technology - highly efficient products and solutions from Infineon, Littelfuse, Rohm, and ST
- Robotics solutions from Infineon. Infineon's robotics solutions are part of the Rutronik seminar series "Innovation in Automation."
- Standard capacitors vs. polymer hybrid capacitors: demo by Panasonic
- Switching power supplies and ac-dc and dc-dc converters from Recom
- Compact over-temperature protection for power semiconductors that meets the highest demands: RTS (Reflowable Thermal Switch) from Schurter
- Supercap solutions from Sech
Presentation about Advanced Functional Safety in Battery Management Systems
From 10.30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on both May 7- 8, Andreas Mangler, Head of Strategic Marketing at Rutronik, will be holding a talk titled, "Advanced Functional Safety in Battery Management Systems" at the e-mobility Forum in Hall 6-322. During this lecture, Mangler will present an overview of battery management in electric vehicles, functional safety requirements, thermal management, new diagnostic features, the system structure, and its implementation.