Rapid Prototyping Kit for Power-Optimized & Secure IoT Devices
NXP's Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit is a comprehensive, secure and power-optimized solution designed to accelerate prototype and development of an IoT end node.
Target applications include: IoT devices (Smart home/ building, Smart cities, Industrial, Smart Appliances, Unmanned vehicles such as Rovers/ UAVs, and Applications yet to be discovered); Designs needing small form factor, low power and low cost; Users range from experienced engineers to makers
Rapid IoT integrates 11 NXP devices (microcontroller, low-power connectivity, sensors, NFC, secure element, power management, interface) in a small form-factor hardware design, and combines it with proven software enablement (drivers, RTOS, middleware, cloud connect) and a web IDE with GUI based programming.
Rapid IoT accelerates the 3 phases of a typical POC development. Preprogrammed applications enable a user to get up and running quickly and ‘play' or get familiar with its capabilities. Next, the Web IDE with GUI based programming means anyone can ‘tinker' or modify the device's behavior without having to program in C. Finally, production-proven MCUXpresso.
Rapid IoT provides the easiest and fastest path for anyone to take their connected thing idea to a proof-of-concept.
- Kinetis® K64 MCU based on Arm® Cortex®-M4 Core
- KW41Z Wireless MCU (BLE, Thread, Zigbee)
- NT3H2211 NFC Forum Type 2 Tag
- A1006 Secure Authentication & anti-counterfeit IC
- Multiple sensors (Gyroscope, Acc/Mag., Barometer/Temp., Air Quality, Ambient light and capacitive touch)
- Rapid IoT Studio IDE
- Automatic source code & project generation for MCUXpresso IDE/SDK
- iOS/Android mobile apps and IoT Cloud connect platforms
- Expandable to most IoT end-node use cases with 400+ Click boards™
- Compatible with NXP IoT Modular Gateway