Littelfuse Expands High Voltage Products for EVs and Related ApplicationsMarch 15, 2020 by Paul Shepard
Littelfuse, Inc. announced the expansion of its DCN Series of high voltage direct dc contactors. The new relay products enable design engineers to incorporate high voltage relay switching into a range of high current and high voltage applications.
The DCN Series of contactors deliver safe, reliable and efficient high voltage switching. Key design features include:
- Magnetic arc blowout design that dissipates any arc between the contacts within a sealed, gas-filled arc chamber.
- Coil economizer that greatly reduces coil power and heating with signal pulse width modulation (PWM).
- Polarized and non-polarized contact design options that optimize performance depending on electrical system load polarity.
Target applications for the DCN Series of contactors include:
- Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Automotive Electric Vehicle / Hybrid Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Electric Forklifts
- Battery Disconnect Units and Management Systems
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- Renewable Energy Storage
"The DCN Series of high voltage dc contactors is an important addition to our product portfolio because it expands our relay offering to include high voltage switching solutions," said Jeff Torres, Littelfuse Global Product Manager for Commercial Vehicles. "This product capability further positions us for continued growth within electric vehicle and alternative energy applications."
Requests for the DCN Series of dc contactors can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.