SOLO Electric Vehicle Achieves U.S. National Compliance Certification
Electra Meccanica announced the first U.S. nationally certified SOLO has been shipped to its new owner and its new home in Los Angeles, California. Ex-IndyCar driver Dominic Dobson – who is also the Washington and Oregon State representative for the SOLO – was on hand to greet the car on its way to California.
"This achievement is indicative of our commitment to excellent quality and safety," said Jerry Kroll, CEO of Electra Meccanica. "To be federally certified in the United States now opens the SOLO to the biggest electric vehicle market in North America. For sure, this is a proud day for everyone at Electra Meccanica, including our Compliance Team, Engineers, Mechanics and Shareholders. We can't wait to take the U.S. for a ride in the SOLO!"
Dobson said, "Driving the SOLO today reminded me of my days driving formula cars. It was so quick and nimble it just made me giggle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think people who enjoy driving are going to love these fantastic little vehicles!"
SOLO goes from zero to 100 KPH in 8 seconds and has a top speed of 130 km/hour. It is powered by a 17.3kWh lithium ion battery that takes 3 hours to fully charge and is compatible with universal charging stations everywhere. The suggest retail price for SOLO is expected to be US$15,500 / CAD$19,888.
- Up to 160km / 100 Mile range
- 3 kWh Lithium Ion
- Energy capacity (kWh) 17.3
- 220 & 110 Volt Charging
- 3 hours 220V / 6 hours 110V
- Charge Connector: J1772 Universal Connector
- 5 Year Battery Warranty
Electra Meccanica's SOLO is an all-electric, single-passenger, commuter vehicle launched by the company last September. With a 100-mile range, the SOLO is designed to get owners to and from work and around town as needed at minimal expense.
General specifications include:
- Top Speed 130 KPH / 82 MPH est
- 0-100 KPH (0-60 MPH): 8 seconds est
- Rear Wheel Drive
- AC Synchronous Electric Motor
- Electric Motor Power Output: Up to 82 hp
- Drag Coefficient: 0.24
- 3 kWh Lithium Ion Battery
- Torque: (lb-ft / Nm): 128 ft-lbs torque
- Curb Weight: 675 kg/ 1,488 lbs est
- Chassis: Lightweight Aerospace Composite
- Dimensions Length 122 in (3.10 m)
- Width: 52 in (1.33 m) – at the front wheels
- Height: 53in (1.34 m)
- Wheelbase: 80.5 in (2.04 m)
- 15” Aluminum Alloy Wheels (Choice of Anthracite Grey or Platinum Silver)
- Tires: 155-60 R15 (Front) – 175-55 – R15 (Rear)
- All-Wheel Power Assisted Disc Brakes
- Power Assisted Steering
- Daytime Running Lights
- Electric Parking Brake
75,000 Solos are scheduled to be shipped to the US market in the coming three years, beginning in mid-September this year. Completely refundable online deposits can be made on the company's website.