Quad DC-DC µModule Regulator with Configurable 1.2A Output ArraySeptember 03, 2019 by Paul Shepard
The LTM®4668A from Analog Devices is a quad dc-dc step-down µModule (micromodule) regulator with 1.2Adc current per output. Outputs can be paralleled in an array for up to 4.8A capability. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power FETs, inductors and support components.
Applications are expected to include: telecom, networking and industrial equipment; multi-rail point-of-load regulation; and power for FPGAs, DSPs and ASICs.
Operating over an input voltage range of 2.7V to 17V, the LTM4668A supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed. The device supports frequency synchronization, PolyPhase operation, selectable Burst Mode operation, 100% duty cycle and low IQ operation.
Its high switching frequency and a current mode architecture enables a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection. The power module is offered in a space saving and thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.1mm BGA package. The LTM4668A is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
Summary of Features:
- Quad Output Step-Down µModule Regulator with 1.2A per Output Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 17V
- 6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 2Adc, Parallelable, Output Current Each Channel
- ±1.5% Total Output Voltage Regulation
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Power Good Indicator
- Over Voltage, Current and Temperature Protection
- 25mm x 6.25mm x 2.1mm BGA Package
- Pin Compatible with LTM4668 (0.6V to 1.8V Output, 1MHz).