Powerbox Debuts Seven New Series of 50W to 1200W Power Supplies
Aimed at defense and demanding industrial applications, the new offerings three DC/DC and four AC/DC Lines
Built over metal chassis with base plates available for conduction cooling, members of the DAx and DBx series allow operation over a baseplate temperature range of -40 to +100℃.
The DAx DC/AC and DBx AC/AC series of Power Supplies. Image courtesy of Powerbox
Built for Demanding Industrial and Defense Applications
For especially tough duty, members of the seven series are designed to meet commercial and military off-the-shelf (COTS/MOTS) business models. The units can be configured with a conformal coating and are designed to meet tough defense, marine, avionics, industrial and railway standards.
All seven series feature insulation of 1,500 Vrms input to ground, 3,000 Vrms input to output and 500 Vrms output to ground. All units are RoHS compliant.
The Three DC/DC DAx Series of Power Supplies
The Defenseline DAA, DAB and DAC series of DC/DC converters are available with power levels ranging from 50 to 500 Watts and are offered in an exceptionally wide range of input and output voltages, as described in the datasheet.
A wide variety of input versions can accommodate 12, 24, 28, 48, 72 and 96 volt inputs. This makes the units relevant to the automotive, industrial vehicles, defense, avionics railway, marine and railway systems.
These are all single output devices, offing a wide choice of outputs ranging over 3 to 48 volts
A major difference between the three DC/DC series are their maximum power outputs:
- The DAC Series, aka the Defense Line 150 DAC150 Series, features outputs of 50 to 150 watts
- The DAB Series, aka the Defense Line 300 DAB300 Series, features outputs of 75 to 300 watts
- The DAA Series, aka the Defense Line 500 DAA300 Series, features outputs of 150 to 500 watts
All units are 1.38 inches tall.
- DAC series is 3.93 x 2.40 inches
- DAB series is 5.50 x 2.40 inches
- DAA series is 8.86 x 2.40 inches
The DC/DC units comply with the standards relevant to these industries, including:
- MIL-STD461 EMC
- MIL-STD-810 Environment
- MIL-STD-704 Aircraft
- Railway EN50155 and EN50121 EMC
- General safety according to IEC/EN60950
The Four AC/DC DBx Series of Power Supplies
The Powerbox AC/DC Defense Line series includes four series of devices operating over 150 to 1200 watts power ranges. They all sport an input filter, active inrush current limiter and feature power factor correction.
These devices operate over a range of 85 to 264 VAC at line frequencies up to 440 Hz. Output voltage from 2.0 to 54 volts are available. These modular devices can have as many as six separate outputs.
- DBA: up to 1200 watts
- DBB: up to 600 watts
- DBC: up to 300 watts
- DBD: up to 150 watts
- DBA: 10.0 x 5.0 x 1.57 inch
- DBB: 7.87 x 5.0 x 1.57 inch
- DBC: 7.87 x 3.23 x 1.57 inch
- DBD: 6.49 x 2.40 x 1.38 inch
- MIL-STD-810 (optional conformal coating and ruggedizing)