3-Phase PMSM Pump with Sensorless FOC Dual Shunt Control – Reference DesignAugust 28, 2019 by Paul Shepard
The S12ZVM-EWP from NXP Semiconductors is a reference design board engineered for 3-phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) water pump with sensorless FOC dual shunt control applications.
It is also intended for use in designing electric fuel, water and oil pumps in automotive and transport applications.
Available runtime software includes:
- S12ZVM-EWP_SW: Complete PMSM electrical water pump sensor-less FOC software package for S12ZVM-EWP reference design
- AUTOMATH_MCL: Automotive Math and Motor Control Library Set
- FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool
- MCATSW: Motor Control Application Tuning (MCAT) Tool
- CodeWarrior® for MCUs (Eclipse IDE)
Based on the 16-bit S12 MagniV® S12ZVM mixed-signal microcontrollers, the S12ZVM-EWP provides A-sample PMSM Electrical Water Pump ECU hardware and software to accelerate water pump products development and production.
- Supports the MagniV S12ZVML64 MCU
- PMSM sensorless FOC algorithm supported
- 12V system application, voltage supply range from 9V to 18V
- 7A input current, up to 80W input power
- Dual shunt current sampling
- Hardware overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, and short protection
- PWM and LIN function integrated in 1 wire
- BDM and SCI integrated in 1 plug: 4-layer PCB with 1 layer components mounted
- Software over current, stall detection, under voltage, over voltage, over temperature protection
- Speed control by using pwm duty cycle and FreeMASTER
- Fault clear and restart auto-mode if related MACRO enabled