2 MOPP Powered Dual Port USB Data Isolator
The NMUSB2022PMC from Murata Power Systems is a surface mount module which conveniently provides dual port USB data isolation from a single upstream port with full power (500mA) available from each downstream port. Isolation provides effective breaking of ground loops and immunity to EMI in harsh environments as found in industrial and medical applications.
Full speed (12Mbps) and low speed (1.5Mbps) are supported with automatic switching. Input power of 5V is provided by an external ‘adapter’ or system voltage rail.
Target applications include; industrial control for isolating sensors, medical environments, where USB is becoming common for low cost sensing and communication but isolation is necessary for safety and noise immunity, harsh environment data communication, and sensor communications.
This module enables USB isolation function with a single SMT component. Users may power any USB compatible device from the NMUSB module. Data isolation function included with the dc-dc module adds value and convenience to the user. And the NMUSB2022PMC enables ease of system approval for medical systems safety approval.
- Fully compliant with USB 2.0 specification, which enables hassle-free, “plug and play” operation with any USB-compatible device
- Surface mount package for placement on host motherboard
- Automatic switching between full-speed (12Mbps) and low speed (1.5Mbps) operation
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- UL60950 pending for reinforced insulation 250Vac
- ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, 2 x MOOPs and 2 x MOPPs safety recognition pending for 250Vac