the power supply system

when doing the design of a power supply system let us say like the 12VDC output, how is this possible provided that the house outlet is around 240VAC? this is actually disturbing me so much as I have a system that requires 12vdc for it to operate but I don't have such a power supply.

when doing the design of a power supply system let us say like the 12VDC output, how is this possible provided that the house outlet is around 240VAC? this is actually disturbing me so much as I have a system that requires 12vdc for it to operate but I don't have such a power supply.
If you continue your study of power electronics you will discover multiple methods for transforming both current and voltage from levels that are suitable for power transmission and distribution to levels that are suitable for various applications. Being 'disturbed' by all of this seems like a total overreaction. there are plenty of things that are disturbing, but this is hardly one of those things.

To convert household AC voltage (240VAC) to a lower DC voltage (12VDC), you will need to use a power supply unit (PSU). A PSU is an electronic device that converts the AC voltage from your outlet into a DC voltage that is suitable for use in your device.

There are several types of PSUs available on the market, each with its own set of features and capabilities. Some common types of PSUs include:
  1. Linear PSUs: These are the most basic and simplest type of PSU. They use a transformer to reduce the AC voltage and a rectifier to convert the AC voltage to DC. However, they are relatively inefficient and produce a lot of heat.
  2. Switched-mode PSUs (SMPS): These are more advanced and efficient than linear PSUs. They use a switching circuit to convert the AC voltage to DC, which allows them to operate at higher efficiency levels. They are commonly used in laptops, smartphones, and other portable devices.

To select the right PSU for your system, you will need to consider several factors, such as the power rating of the PSU (in watts), the type and number of connectors it has, the efficiency rating, and the cost. It is important to choose a PSU with a power rating that is sufficient for your system's needs and with connectors that are compatible with your device.

You can also consider using a DC-DC converter to step down the voltage from a higher DC voltage (such as a car battery or solar panel) to the desired 12VDC. DC-DC converters are smaller, more efficient, and less expensive than PSUs, but they require a source of DC voltage to work.