Adafruit CLUE – Sensor Development Board with Bluetooth LE
The CLUE development board from Adafruit is a sensor-packed development board. It's optimized to build some projects that have a small screen and a lot of sensors. To make it compatible with existing projects, it's the same shape and size as the BBC micro:bit and with the same edge-connector on the bottom with 5 big pads so it will fit into many existing robot kits or 'bit add-ons.
The CLUE is designed for projects that use a ton of sensors - and they're all built in! So, you can start exploring your world, measuring, logging and learning. You can transmit data over Bluetooth to a computer or mobile device for data plotting and logging, or save it to the built-in storage.
Features of the CLUE sensor board include:
- Nordic nRF52840 Bluetooth LE processor - 1MB of Flash, 256KB RAM, 64MHz Cortex M4 processor
- 3″ 240×240 Color IPS TFT display for high resolution text and graphics
- Power it from any 3- to 6-V battery source (internal regulator and protection diodes)
- Two A / B user buttons and one reset button
- Tons of sensors!
- ST Micro series 9-DoF motion - LSM6DS33 Accel/Gyro + LIS3MDL magnetometer
- APDS9960 Proximity, Light, Color, and Gesture Sensor
- PDM Microphone sound sensor
- SHT Humidity
- BMP280 temperature and barometric pressure/altitude
- RGB NeoPixel indicator LED
- 2MB internal flash storage for datalogging, images, fonts or CircuitPython code
- Buzzer/speaker for playing tones and beeps
- Two bright white LEDs in front for illumination / color sensing.
- Qwiic / STEMMA QT connector for adding more sensors, motor controllers, or displays over I2C. You can plug in GROVE I2C sensors by using an adapter cable.
- Programmable with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
[video width="800" height="600" mp4=https://eepower.com/uploads/articles/adafruit_products_CLUE_GIF_large.mp4][/video]