300A/600A/1000A Connector for Vehicles and Power Distribution SystemsMay 09, 2019 by Scott McMahan
TT Electronics announced Pola Power™, a highly-diverse connector approved for use on rail and military vehicles.
The Pola Power connector can also be qualified to suit other applications in the power distribution and green energy including air conditioning, gearboxes, supper-accumulators, and batteries.
This highly durable and reliable single pole power connector with bayonet coupling offers a finger proof design (IP2X), quick disconnection.
The connector provides a minimum of 500 mated cycles. Pola Power comes with straight and 90° connection options as well as 360° screening.
In addition to successful salt spray testing of 500 hours (Black Zinc Nickel), Pola Power operates comfortably at temperatures of -55°C to +150°C and vibrations of 5Hz-500Hz (long endurance 30-hour test at 10g). Both EN45545-2 and RoHS compliant, Pola Power is sealed to IP67 and rated up to 1000A, meaning this connector offers a great deal of power in a very small form factor.
"With Pola Power™, TT has harnessed its extensive design capabilities to customize standardized products and offer adaptable solutions," said Leigh Chapman, Product Manager, TT Electronics. "This single contact conntactor also emphasizes TT's ability to adapt, meet and deliver on ever changing market requirements."
Besides Black Zinc Nickle, the shell plating comes in Black Zinc Cobalt, Green Zinc Cobalt, and Olive drab cadmium.
The connectors feature contacts that are copper alloy, silver plated, gold plated, or nickel plated. They employ insulators made from low fire hazard thermoplastic that conforms to EN44545 HL3 R22/R23.
Pola Power's corrosion resistance depends on the shell plating, the Zinc Nickel shell plating has a corrosion resistance of 500 hours. The Zinc Cobalt plating has 96 hours of corrosion resistance. Pola Power is IP2X as per BSEN60529.
Variants of the family of connectors include 300A, 600A, and 1000A with 3,600V ac or dc peak.
Materials and Finishes
- Shell: Aluminum alloy, passivated stainless steel, nickel aluminum
- Shell Plating: Black Zinc Nickel, RoHS compliant. Black Zinc Cobalt, RoHS compliant Green Zinc Cobalt, RoHS compliant, Olive drab cadmium
- Insulators: Low fire hazard thermoplastic Conforms to EN44545 HL3 R22/R23
- Contacts: Copper alloy, silver plated, gold plated, nickel plated
- Current: 300A/600A/1000A
- Voltage 3,600V ac or dc peak
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to +150°C
- Shock severity: 75g
- Vibration: 5Hz-500Hz long endurance 30-hour test at 10g
- Acceleration: 50g
- Sealing: IP67
- Corrosion Resistance: Zinc Nickel 500 hours, Zinc Cobalt 96 hours, IP2X as per BSEN60529
- Coupling: 3-pin reverse bayonet 120 nut rotation
- Contact Termination: Crimp or threaded
- Durability: 500 minimum mating and un-mating
- Contact Insertion Force: 70N
- Contact Resistance: 0.06mΩ [NFF61-030]