Vishay to Showcase New Products at APEC 2019
At APEC 2019, Vishay Intertechnology will be highlighting its latest power IC, passive component, diode, and MOSFET technologies for a wide range of applications.
New Vishay Products on Display at APEC 2019
Miniaturized Screw-Terminal Aluminum Capacitors Offer Long Useful Life
- For solar inverters, UPS, and energy storage in medical and industrial pulse systems, the Vishay BCcomponents 501 PGM series devices offer a useful life of 5000 hours at +85°C. Available in a variety of case sizes ranging from 50mm by 80mm to 90mm by 195mm, the capacitors feature rated voltages from 400V to 500V and have a maximum ESR down to 13mΩ.
60 V Gen IV N-Channel TrenchFET® MOSFET Reduces Power Losses to Increase Efficiency
SiR626DP -- 60V Gen IV N-ChannelTrenchFET MOSFET
- Offered in the 6.15mm by 5.15mm PowerPAK® SO-8 single package, the SiR626DP is fine-turned to minimize conduction losses. The device's on-resistance is 36% lower than Vishay's previous-generation devices, while its gate charge times on-resistance and output charge times on-resistance FOMs are 32% and 45% lower, respectively. Its COSS is 69% lower. The result is increased efficiency for power conversion topologies.
Ceramic Screw-Mounting Disc Capacitors Feature Voltages to 50kVdc (34kVrms)
715CxxKT series -- ceramic screw-mounting disc capacitors to 50kVdc (34kVrms)
- With low ac and dc coefficients and a negligible piezoelectric/electrostrictive effect, the 715CxxKT series capacitors are specifically designed to function in circuits with high peak current and high repetition rates. The devices are optimized for high-frequency coupling and decoupling, laser excitation, and fast-repetition pulse circuitry in high voltage power supplies, CO2 lasers, and X-ray and welding equipment.
-30V and -40V Automotive Grade P-Channel TrenchFET MOSFETs Save Space Over DPAK, Increase Board-Level Reliability
SQJ407EP / SQJ409EP -- 30V and 40V automotive grade P-Channel TrenchFET MOSFET
- The PowerPAK SO-8L package of the Vishay Siliconix -30V SQJ407EP and -40V SQJ409EP feature gullwing leads for increased board-level reliability while providing more than a 50% reduction in mounting area compared to devices in the DPAK. For motor drives and mains power supplies in 12V automotive systems, the company says that the devices deliver lower RDS(on) than any MOSFET with gullwing leads in the 5mm by 6mm footprint.
Radial-Leaded High Voltage Single Layer Ceramic Disc Capacitors Save Space, Lower Assembly Costs, and Increase Reliability
- Offered in compact sizes, the Vishay Roederstein HVCC series capacitors are the only such devices to deliver high capacitance values of 2nF, eliminating the need to utilize two 1nF capacitors in parallel. For designers, this saves space, reduces assembly costs, and increases reliability in high-voltage generators for dental and baggage scanners, medical and industrial X-ray applications, and pulsed lasers.
FRED Pt® Gen5 1200V Hyperfast and Ultrafast Rectifiers Reduce Conduction and Switching Losses
- The Vishay Semiconductors 30A and 60A rectifiers are optimized for PFC and output rectification stages for EV/HEV battery charging stations and for booster stages for solar inverters and UPS and welding applications. Vishay says that the devices offer up to 15% greater efficiency than competing silicon solutions, cutting the efficiency gap with SiC diodes in half and offering a cost-effective alternative for applications with frequencies below 50kHz.
High Voltage Chip Divider in Molded Package Reduces Component Counts, Improves TC Tracking Performance
- Vishay says its Techno CDMM is the industry's first high-voltage chip divider to be offered in a ribbed molded package with compliant surface-mount leads. Designed to reduce component counts and improve TC tracking performance and ratio stability in automotive and industrial equipment, the device delivers a maximum working voltage of 1500V in the 4527 case size.
Thick Film Power Resistors Cooled by Auxiliary Heatsink
- Featuring thick film deposited on ceramic, Vishay MCB RCEC 850 series resistors deliver high-power ratings to 850W. The easily assembled devices offer a cold system without external radiation and provide self-calibrated pressure. The resisters and they can be configured with two or three resistors combined.
MOVs Delivers High Surge Capability for High-Temperature Consumer and Industrial Applications
- The Vishay BCcomponents VDRUS series is certified for operation up to +125°C in accordance with UL 1449 edition 4, VDE/IEC 61051-1/2. Designed to provide overvoltage and transient voltage protection in consumer goods and industrial applications, the varistors offer surge current capability up to 13kA, which is 30% higher than previous-generation devices.
X1, X2, and Y2 EMI Suppression Film Capacitors Ensure Longer Service Life in High Humidity Conditions
- Designed to meet the most stringent requirements for robustness against humidity, the F340X1 480VAC, F340Y2 305VAC, and F340X2 305VAC series are qualified to IEC 60384-14: 2013 / AMD1: 2016 grade IIB. The Vishay BCcomponents devices withstand temperature humidity bias (THB) testing of +85°C, 85% RH for 1000 hours at rated voltage with high stability on capacitance, insulation resistance, and dissipation factors.
Standard Lug Sensors for Accurate Temperature Sensing in Automotive Applications
- Offering a rugged construction, Vishay BCcomponents AEC-Q200 qualified NTCALUG91A series NTC thermistors feature a ring tongue terminal for easy mounting and are available with M4, M5, and M6 screw mounting options. The devices offer resistance at +25°C (R25) of 10kΩ with tolerance down to ±2% and beta (B25/85) from 3435K to 3984K with tolerance down to ±0.5%.