Compact 650 Vdc Cartridge Fuse Provides Enhanced OverCurrent Protection for HighVoltage ApplicationsOctober 31, 2016 by Littelfuse
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, today introduced the 507 Series Cartridge Fuse, a 600VDC ceramic body fuse with an interrupting
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, today introduced the 507 Series Cartridge Fuse, a 600VDC ceramic body fuse with an interrupting rating of [email protected] in a compact 6x32mm package. Its high DC voltage rating, combined with current ratings from 1A to 8A, make it ideal for over-current protection in high-voltage DC power circuits. As the power density that circuits must handle grows ever higher, these miniaturized high-voltage fuses represent the optimum solution for DC power over-current protection.
The 507 Series Fuse is available in both standard cartridge and axial-leaded designs, is RoHS compliant and 100% lead free. Typical applications for the 507 Series include over-current protection for variable frequency drives (VFDs), photovoltaic (PV) inverters, DC-DC converters and high-voltage power supplies.
“We designed the 507 Series Fuse specifically for the needs of the industrial systems market,” said Tim Patel, global strategic marketing manager at Littelfuse for the Industry 4.0 market. “Our goal was to give circuit designers an option for delivering the highest possible power to motors while providing protection in the smallest possible footprint.”
All 507 Series Cartridge Fuses offer these key benefits:
- Provides robust over-current protection for high-voltage DC power circuits, such as those found in VFDs, motor drives, and power inverters because it combines a high DC voltage rating of 650V with an interrupting rating of [email protected] in a compact 6x32mm footprint.
- Ideal for DC power circuits in photovoltaic (PV) inverters and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) that operate at up to 650VDC with up to 150A available short circuit current.
- Small footprint simplifies creating compact designs for power conversion equipment that demands higher operating efficiencies.
- Current ratings from 1A to 8A are well suited for most commercially available 200V Class and 400V Class VFDs.
- A wide operating temperature range (-55°C to 125°C) provides reliable protection in extreme temperature environments.
The 507 Series Cartridge Fuse is available packaged in bulk quantities of 1,000 pieces. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.
Littelfuse is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics, and appliances. Our 11,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world – everywhere, every day.