1.6mm High 10A Power Module with PMBus Interface
Monolithic Power has launched, MPM3695A-10, an ultra-thin, scalable and fully integrated power module with PMBus interface. MPM3695A-10 offers a complete power solution that achieves up to 10A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a voltage range from 3V to 14V. MPM3695A-10's 1.6mm height enables it to be placed on the back-side of a PCB for space optimization. The module operates at high efficiency and can be paralleled to deliver up to 60A of continuous current.
It uses MPS's proprietary, multi-phase constant-on-time (MCOT) control, which delivers ultra-fast transient response and simple loop compensation. The PMBus interface provides module configurations and monitors critical parameters.
MPM3695A-10 features full protection functions including over-current protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and over-temperature protection. The power module requires a minimal number of readily available external components and is available in a QFN-45 (8mmx8mmx1.6mm) package.
The device is PMBus 1.3 compliant. Telemetry read-back includes Vin, Vout, Iout, temperature, and faults. It operates in either PWM mode or switching frequency mode.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 3V
- 3V to 14V Input Voltage with an External Vcc Bias
- 4V to 14V Input Voltage with Internal Vcc
- 0.5V to 1.8V Output Voltage Range
- 10A Continuous Output Current, Parallel for Up to 60A Continuous Current
- Auto-Interleaving for Multi-Phase Operation
- 0.5% Reference Voltage Accuracy Over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- Remote Sense of the Output Voltage
- PMBus 1.3 Compliant
- Telemetry Read-back Including Vin, Vout, Iout, Temperature, and Faults
- Programmable via PMBus
- Output Voltage, Soft-start time
- OC/OT/OV/UV/UVLO limits
- PWM Mode and Switching Frequency
- Available in a QFN-45 (8mm x 8mm x 1.6mm) Package