Wire-to-Board Connectors for LED Modules
TE Connectivity (TE) has unveiled Buchanan WireMate ITB (Inverted Thru-Board). These wire-to-board connectors are for use in linear and circular LED modules found in commercial and industrial lighting systems.
According to the company, with their poke-in and wire release features, the new wire-to-board connectors help shorten installation times and provide extra flexibility for reuse and wire replacement. No crimping or soldering is needed when attaching wires; once inserted, wires are strongly retained and will not inadvertently pull out. A robust integral release feature allows reworking if required.
The Buchanan WireMate ITB wire-to-board connectors have a maximum voltage rating of 320V and a current rating of 6A (for 18AWG wiring) or 5A (20AWG and 22AWG). They are molded in a high-temperature-resistant nylon (PPA) casing that withstands high-temperature SMT soldering temperatures. The connectors are modular in design, available for up to five wire connections and in different colors to help installers avoid mistakes when inserting wires.
In addition, the reduced profile of the Buchanan WireMate connectors is 2mm in height above the PCB top surface while horizontal wire insertion minimizes space usage beneath the PCB.
- Reliable poke-in technology (no wire crimping) for fast and easy termination
- Inverted Thru-Board (ITB) application reduces profile for good lighting effect
- Wire release feature enables easy re-work and robust design of release mechanism helps prevent damage during wire assembly and rework
- Space saving low profile design
- Lower inventory and production costs with higher connection variations supported by a side by side stackable design on 4mm spacing
- Inverted Thru-Board (ITB) Wire to Board Connection with Horizontal Wire Insertion
- Wire poke-in design with strong wire retention
- Wire release feature for wire replacement
- Applicable for SMT soldering process
- Applicable wire size: 18AWG to 22AWG
- Modular housing design for multi-color combinations
"These new connectors are particularly versatile," says Product Manager Asam Jiang. "Each one can accommodate any combination of solid and stranded wires, ranging in size from 22-18 AWG (0.35-0.75mm2). They conform to the UL 1977 standard for component connectors for use in data, signal, control and power applications."