TDK Announces New MLCCs for Automotive Applications
This article highlights TDK MLCCs package such as 47 .mu.F products in 22 [mu] F and 3216 sizes (3.2x1.6.x1.6 mm) that started mass production in September 2020.
TDK Co., Ltd. (President: Sei nao Ishiguro) is the industry's highest-level 2012 size (2.0x1.25x1.25mm) in the CGA series of multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCC). We will announce that we have developed 47 .mu.F products in 22 [mu] F and 3216 sizes (3.2x1.6.x1.6 mm) and started mass production in September 2020.
In recent years, ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) has become increasingly important in terms of automobile safety, and it is becoming more and more highly functional with a view to autonomous driving. In addition, ICs have become more functional for their control, and there is a tendency to use more smooth, decoupling MLCC as noise suppression measures, and the demand for smaller and larger MLCCs is increasing from the viewpoint of space saving of substrates.
This product is smaller and larger than our conventional products, contributing to the reduction of the number of parts and the miniaturization of sets of MLCC. We will continue to expand our lineup to support a wide variety of automotive products. *
- AEC-Q200: Stands for Automotive Electronics Council. Standards for automotive in-vehicle receiving parts.
- Smooth: By charging and discharging the large-capacity capacitor, to suppress the voltage fluctuation of the pulse flow contained in the rectification current, it functions to smooth (smooth).
- Decoupling: Inserts a capacitor between the IC power line and the ground and temporarily supplies current when the load changes rapidly to suppress voltage fluctuations in the supply line.
- ADAS: Short for Advanced Driver-Assistant Systems. Advanced driver assistance system.
- Smoothing and decoupling of power lines for various automotive electronic control units (ECEs)
- Key Features and Benefits
- Industry-leading capacitive capacity (22 .mu.F in 2012 size, 47 .mu.F in 3216 size)
- Small and large capacity reduces the number of parts and reduces the size of sets
- High reliability in accordance with AEC-Q200
The main characteristics
|Name of the product||Dimensions [mm]||Temperature characteristics||Rated voltage [V]||Capacitive
|2.0 x 1.25 x 1.25||
3.2 x 1.6 x 1.6
Production and sales plan
- Sample price: CGA4J1X7T0J226M 25 yen/piece, CGA5L1X7T0G476M 50 yen/piece
- Production base: Akita
- Production schedule: 1 million units per month (initial)
- Start of production: September 2020
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK';s comprehensive portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminium electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2019, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 105,000 people worldwide.