400W and 800W GaN Half-Bridge Evaluation Board
Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co. Ltd. now offers the PGA26E07BA-SWEVB008 (800W) and PGA26E19BA-SWEVB008 (400W) half-bridge evaluation boards (with dedicated X-GaN driver + general isolator) for evaluating the performance of Panasonic's X-GaN power transistors.
The PGA26ExxBA-SWEVB008 is a half-bridge evaluation board for measuring the switching characteristics of the GaN power transistor and can be easily configured into any half-bridge topology for power supply evaluation.
Key devices in these evaluation boards include: X-GaN 70mΩ - PGA26E07BA (600V / 26A); X-GaN 190mΩ - PGA26E19BA (600V / 13A); X-GaN driver - AN34092B; and Isolator - Silicon Laboratories Si8275. The AN34092B is a single-channel high-speed gate driver specialized to driving GaN power transistor (GaN-Tr).
The Si827x isolators are designed for driving power switches used in a wide variety of power supply, inverter, and motor control applications. The Si827x isolated gate drivers utilize Silicon Laboratories' proprietary silicon isolation technology, supporting up to 2.5kVRMS withstand voltage per UL1577 and VDE0884.
This technology enables industry leading common-mode transient immunity (CMTI), tight timing specifications, reduced variation with temperature and age, better part-to-part matching, and extremely high reliability.
It also offers unique features such as separate pull-up/down outputs, driver shutdown on UVLO fault, and precise dead time programmability. The Si827x series offers longer service life and dramatically higher reliability compared to opto-coupled gate drivers.
The Si827x drivers utilize Silicon Labs' proprietary silicon isolation technology, which provides up to 2.5 kVRMS withstand voltage per UL1577 and fast 60ns propagation times.
Driver outputs in the Si827x can be grounded to the same or separate grounds or connected to a positive or negative voltage. The TTL level compatible inputs with >400 mV hysteresis are available in individual control input (Si8271/2/3/5) or pwm input (Si8274) configurations.
High integration, low propagation delay, small installed size, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness make the Si827x family suited for a wide range of isolated MOSFET/IGBT and SiC or GaN FET gate drive applications.
Features of the Panasonic GaN half-bridge evaluation boards include:
- Maximum input voltage: 410Vdc
- Support evaluation of switching characteristics using 2-pulse test
- Support continuous power supply test depending on thermal design (up to 400W / 800W using attached heatsink)
- Reference design for PCB layout and gate driver circuit
- High speed switching and high frequency operation performance
- Include isolated dc-dc and able to configure to bootstraps design easily
Features of the Panasonic AN34092B X-GaN driver include:
- Able to drive GaN power transistor easily with a small number of external components
- Integrate constant source current circuitry for turn ON. Source current is adjustable with an external resistor (2.5 mA to 25 mA)
- Integrate negative voltage circuitry to avoid erroneous turn ON. Negative voltage is adjustable with an external resistor (- 5.5V to - 3V)
- Turn ON / OFF slew rate is controllable with external resistors
- Integrate active miller clamp function
- 30ns typical propagation delay
- Gate clamping function during non supply voltage
- TTL / CMOS compatible inputs
- Support both non-inverting and inverting inputs
- Integrate FAULT function which notifies abnormal condition
- 75V to 24V Supply Range
- Protection : Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO), VR Pin Voltage Monitoring Circuitry (VRDET), Negative Voltage Monitoring Circuitry (VEEDET), Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- 16 pin Plastic Quad Flat Non-leaded Package Heat Slug Down, (QFN type, size 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm, 0.65 mm pitch)