36V 10W No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter
The LT3002 from Analog Devices is a monolithic micropower isolated flyback converter. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no third winding or opto-isolator for regulation. The LT3002 is designed for use in isolated automotive, industrial, and medical power supply applications such as auxiliary and housekeeping power supplies.
The output voltage is programmed with two external resistors and a third optional temperature compensation resistor. Boundary mode operation provides a small magnetic solution with excellent load regulation.
Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light load while minimizing the output voltage ripple. A 3.6A, 65V DMOS power switch is integrated along with all the high voltage circuitry and control logic into a thermally enhanced 8-lead SO package.
Recommended for you: 3-Watt Universal Input AC-DC in 1-Inch² Footprint
The LT3002 operates from an input voltage range of 4V to 36V and delivers up to 10W of isolated output power. The high level of integration and the use of boundary and low ripple burst modes result in a simple to use, low component count, and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
Summary of features:
- 4V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- 6A, 65V Internal DMOS Power Switch
- Low Quiescent Current
- Quasi-Resonant Boundary Mode Operation at Heavy Load
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Minimum Load < 0.5% (Typ) of Full Output
- No Transformer Third Winding or Opto-Isolator Required for Output Voltage Regulation
- Accurate EN/UVLO Threshold and Hysteresis
- Temperature Compensation for Output Diode
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead SO Package