HighEfficiency Power Amplifier for Infrastructure and Small Cell ApplicationsNovember 18, 2019 by EE Power Editorial
High-Efficiency Power Amplifier for Infrastructure and Small Cell Applications.
Skyworks is pleased to introduce the SKY66318-11, a new addition to our family of high-efficiency power amplifiers (PA) designed for the stringent requirements of enterprise small cell applications. The PA offers wide instantaneous bandwidth and is fully input/output matched with high gain and efficiency.
Active biasing circuitry is also integrated to compensate for PA performance over temperature, voltage, and process variations.
With a compact 5 x 5 mm package, the SKY66318-11 is ideal for 4G LTE and 5G NR systems operating from 3,300 to 3,600 MHz is part of major transceiver reference designs.
- High efficiency and power (PAE = 25% at +28 dBm) addresses small cell requirements where power is always limited
- Wide bandwidth (100 MHz) enables higher data rates for newer 4G and 5G system signals
- Compact package (16-pin, 5 x 5 x 1.3 mm) is pin-to-pin compatible with SKY6631x PA family
- Operates from single 5V power supply
- On-chip active bias circuit provides excellent gain tracking over temperature, voltage and process variations