Contactors for HighVoltage LithiumIon BatteriesNovember 13, 2019 by EE Power Editorial
Contactors for High-Voltage Lithium-Ion Batteries.
TDK High Voltage-Contactors are designed with excellent extinguishing characteristics and can be used bipolar for charging and discharging. It is further available as a dual-coil non-bipolar version for increased load-cycle performance.
HVC series (ordering code B88269X***) meets the requirements for High-Voltage DC emergency disconnection applications in electric cars, trucks, busses and DC fast chargers.
- High current capability of up to 500 A
- High voltage capability of up to 1200 V
- Bipolar design for charging and discharging
- Dual-coil non-bipolar design for coil energy saving and increased load-cycle performance
- Hermetically sealed and high-speed arc extinguishing
- Long life-time due to excellent extinguish characteristics
- Optional detection of switching status using contactless auxiliary contacts
- TDK testing laboratory available
- TDK has advanced know-how based on 80 years of gas tube technology experience
- UL 60947-4-1 approved
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Local and worldwide engineering support
- Battery management systems for electric vehicles
- DC Charging stations for e-mobility applications
- Photovoltaic and energy storage systems — using Lithium-Ion battery >400 V
- Uninterruptable power supplies using high-voltage batteries