Contactors for High-Voltage Lithium-Ion BatteriesNovember 13, 2019 by TDK Corporation
Contactors for High-Voltage Lithium-Ion Batteries.
TDK High Voltage-Contactors are designed with excellent extinguishing characteristics and can be used bipolar for charging and discharging. It is further available as a dual-coil non-bipolar version for increased load-cycle performance.
HVC series (ordering code B88269X***) meets the requirements for High-Voltage DC emergency disconnection applications in electric cars, trucks, busses and DC fast chargers.
- High current capability of up to 500 A
- High voltage capability of up to 1200 V
- Bipolar design for charging and discharging
- Dual-coil non-bipolar design for coil energy saving and increased load-cycle performance
- Hermetically sealed and high-speed arc extinguishing
- Long life-time due to excellent extinguish characteristics
- Optional detection of switching status using contactless auxiliary contacts
- TDK testing laboratory available
- TDK has advanced know-how based on 80 years of gas tube technology experience
- UL 60947-4-1 approved
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Local and worldwide engineering support
- Battery management systems for electric vehicles
- DC Charging stations for e-mobility applications
- Photovoltaic and energy storage systems — using Lithium-Ion battery >400 V
- Uninterruptable power supplies using high-voltage batteries
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK';s comprehensive portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminium electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2019, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 105,000 people worldwide.