Analog Devices Introduces Dual 50A or Single 100A StepDown ModuleNovember 26, 2019 by Analog Devices Inc.
Analog Devices Introduces Dual 50A or Single 100A Step-Down µModule.
The LTM4700 is a dual 50A or single 100A step-down µModule® (power module) DC/DC regulator featuring remote configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power management parameters over PMBus— an open standard I2C-based digital interface protocol. The LTM4700 is comprised of fast analog control loops, precision mixed-signal circuitry, EEPROM, power MOSFETs, inductors and supporting components. The LTM4700 product video is available on the website.
The LTM4700’s 2-wire serial interface allows outputs to be margined, tuned and ramped up and down at programmable slew rates with sequencing delay times. Input and output currents and voltages, output power, temperatures, uptime and peak values are readable. Custom configuration of the EEPROM contents is not required. At start-up, output voltages, switching frequency, and channel phase angle assignments can be set by pin-strapping resistors. The LTpowerPlay® GUI and DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter and demo kits are available.
The LTM4700 is offered in a 15mm × 22mm × 7.87mm BGA package available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- System Optimization, Characterization and Data Mining in Prototype, Production and Field Environments
- Telecom, Datacom, and Storage Systems
- Dual 50A or Single 100A Digitally Adjustable Outputs with Digital Interface for Control, Compensation, and Monitoring
- Wide Input Voltage: 4.5V to 16V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 1.8V
- ~90% Full Load Efficiency from 12VIN to 1VOUT at 100A
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- ±3% Current Readback Accuracy (25°C to 125°C)
- Integrated Input Current Sense Amplifier
- 400kHz PMBus-Compliant I2C Serial Interface
- Supports Telemetry Polling Rates Up to 125Hz
- Integrated 16-Bit ∆Σ ADC
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Control
- Parallel and Current Share Multiple Modules
- 15mm × 22mm × 7.87mm BGA Package
- Input and Output Voltages, Currents, and Temperatures
- Running Peak Values, Uptime, Faults and Warnings
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging with ECC
Writable Data and Configurable Parameters:
- Output Voltage, Voltage Sequencing, and Margining
- Digital Soft-Start/Stop Ramp
- Optimize Analog Loop Compensation
- OV/UV/OT, UVLO, Frequency, and Phasing
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret.