Micro-c — Regulating DC Voltage Automatically

R

Rondap

How would you regulate the DC voltages from a DC-DC inverter to the required voltage of a certain appliance with a microcontroller?

I'm working on a DC-DC inverter that can power DC electronics accurately.

What are your thoughts?

So, an inverter needs Pulse-Width-Modulation and a voltage sensor for voltage regulation.

If the sensor shows the output voltage dropping, the PWM circuit increases the pulse widths that raises the voltage. When the output voltage rises then the opposite occurs and the pulse widths become less.

These are all very available. Does your system offer something that others don't?

If you're trying to make a system that automatically senses the required voltage and adjusts accordingly — I either don't know of an easy way for you or you can't.

My AC voltage is very reliable where I am. I wonder why one would want to use DC voltage.

I use a wall wart to reduce the AC voltage then rectify and filter it to feed an IC voltage regulator since I do not need and have never used an inverter.

N

Nathan Jones

I have some input -

Let me know the exact DC voltage you want to give in input and required output? A basic voltage regulator can help you best.

For the more detailed work, I would use a buck converter with a nominal input of 24V.

N

Nathan Jones

When controlling high power lights or for any switching purpose you can also use the High-Current-N-Channel-PWM controller

which requires a 12VDC Power Supply for proper operation. A separate power supply is recommended for external incandescent or high-power LED lights. This controller is capable of switching 100VDC at 5 Amps, and is able to switch considerably more current at lower voltages.

Hope this helps some.